Things To Do in Vancouver While Staying at O’Canada House Vancouver Bed and Breakfast
Vancouver is a food lover’s heaven, but there are so many restaurants to choose from. O’Canada House B&B recommends FoodVancouver.com to find your particular taste. We also recommend DineHere.ca to decide where to eat within budget.
O’Canada House B&B is literally in the heart of downtown Vancouver – meaning most of downtown’s most alluring attractions are within easy walking distance.
In the neighbourhood within a few minutes walk:
- Shop on Robson Street (2 blocks North)
- Lounge by the water at Sunset Beach Park
- Or on the sands of English Bay
- Explore False Creek by water-taxi (at the bottom of Hornby Street)
- Take the water-taxi to the art and food mecca of Granville Island
- The Vancouver Art Gallery always has something to offer (5 blocks Northeast)
- Indulge in Vancouver’s home for alternative lifestyles on Davie Street (4 blocks South)
- Join the party in the Granville Entertainment District (4 blocks East)
Less than a 15 minute walk or 5 minute drive:
- Explore North America’s largest urban wilderness, Stanley Park
- Or the modern at Canada Place and Cruise Ship Terminal
- Or the ultra-modern at the new Vancouver Convention Centre
- Walk the cobblestone streets of Vancouver’s historic Gastown
- Be trendy in Yaletown
- If you like books and architecture go to the stunning Vancouver Public Library
- Experience urban tranquility at the Dr Sun Yat-Sen Garden
- Shop on West 4th Avenue
- See the stars at the Planetarium and Vancouver’s most famous sculptures in Vanier Park
- Lounge on Kitsilano Beach and take in the view of the Coast Mountains
Nearby attractions within a 15 minute drive or easy public transit:
- See all that the University of BC has to offer:
- Explore the forests of the Pacific Spirit Park
Elsewhere in the city:
- Indulge your curiosity at Science World
- Visit Canada’s largest Chinatown
Go through Stanley Park and cross the magnificent Lion’s Gate Bridge to the North Shore:
- See Vancouver from the outside at the beautiful Lighthouse Park
- Brave the Capilano Suspension Bridge
- Play golf in the mountains at Capilano Golf and Country Club
- Ski Grouse Mountain or Cypress Mountain
- Exercise your muscles on the Grouse Grind
BC has plenty more to offer a Guest of O’Canada House. Day excursions to Whistler, Victoria, or the Gulf Islands are three fantastic examples:
- Whistler: Vancouver’s summer home and winter playground. This mountain town is worthy of hosting the 2010 Olympics. Skiing, shopping, fine dining, and trail blazing are just a few of the exciting features of Whistler. The drive up the Sea to Sky Highway is no less exciting, or breathtaking.
- Victoria: BC’s capital is an architectural showcase of Old World splendour built on the frontier of civilization. The oldest city in BC, Victoria is no less modern than Vancouver, and is an arts and culture dynamo. The spectacular ferry ride through the Gulf Islands is more than enough reason to make a trip to the Island.
- Gulf Islands: BC’s Gulf Islands are home to the province’s most eccentric souls and, thusly, some of its most able artists. Each island has its unique charm, its own serene setting, and inspired works of art.
For trips to Victoria on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, please consult BC Ferries for schedules and additional information.